Email List Decay Report 2023
I’ve been using Zero Bounce for years now to keep my email databases honest (and clean). I think that they are fabulous when it comes to keeping my email lists clean.
Here’s a summary of its findings around email decay, and how quickly lists degrade.
Summary of email decay: how quickly do email lists degrade?
- At least 22.71% of an email list degrades annually.
- The most prevalent type of risky emails found in email lists are invalid addresses.
- Catch-all emails make up the second-largest segment of email addresses that are likely to bounce.
- People make an astonishing number of typos when trying to sign up for emails. In just one year, ZeroBounce prevented 10+ million bounces through typo detection.
- Disposable emails are a common way people avoid giving out their real email addresses. Last year, ZeroBounce identified 5+ million disposable emails.
- Email validity was 0.45% better in 2022 than the year before.
- Only 57.21% of all emails submitted to ZeroBounce in 2022 were valid.